In the Future of Jobs workshop our aim is to facilitate children to reflect on their skills and passions in view of imagining interdisciplinary futures concerning their professional identities. The workshop consists of a series of creative activities through which the participants are encouraged to use their imagination in order to speculate future professional identities in a futuristic “think outside of the box” manner. This process includes designed prompts like the passion map template and the future worlds catalogue designed to trigger their imagination and help them initiate their own personal speculative scenarios that reflect their individual skills and interests. The “one day scenario” template serves as a creative guide aimed to help them organise their thoughts and hence start constructing a more refined view of a possible future identity. Finally, the last part of the workshop is the “making a magic machine for their future job” , an activity that allows for hands-on experimentation and unfiltered creativity which facilitates them to unlock their imaginative barriers and think outside of current professional paradigms.
1.kids maximum 20
3.paper sheets , writing tool for thinking
4.magic machine tools include
This is the way to intro them about the workshop. let them explore themselves and let them know about future possibility to change their perception about future of job.
1. introduce workshop and facilitator
2. sharing about future’s perception by ask students “do you know? what do you want to do in future?”
3. let student to explore their self by make passion map. The passion map include 2 circles and intersection that they have to write keyword on this space. one circle is interest, another circle is skill, connection in the middle is something that you have skill and also interest.
4. introduce future is unpredictable by play the video.
5. give them example of future jobs. let them know it can go crazy ,don’t have to be realistic
6. tell them next step “Now your turn. Let create your future job!”
this is time for them to imagine future of jobs. they have to combine passion with unpredictable future world and come up with their future of jobs. try to think detailing of the job.
1. give job canvas to student
2. choose 1 keyword from passion map and fill on the job canvas
3. Introduce different future worlds
4. But the future is unpredictable.So it’s time to random Future World! by let them choose number present then facilitator delete number out, we will see future world behind future world. it like a game show. then let them to put fill name of future world that they receive on the job canvas
5. let student to imagine future job that combine between their passion and their future world
6.look in the job canvas they will see future scenario part and drawing part ,Let imagine 1 day scenario of your jobs and show how it look like by drawing. (in this part you can guide ask them question to help them imagine such as “where are you working? who are you customer?what machine you use in this job?)
making process will encourage their imagination too. we will let them imagine by make machine that they will use it their future job. we prepare materials for them to make the machine. Let them imagination free to combine them in your own way in order to shape your machine
1. Introduce this part about make machine .Tell them”Try to think about machine function and how are you use with you future jobs?” Show them example of machine Tell them “it don’t have to be real use”
2. show materials to make machine such as recycle stuffs, colours paper ,magic maker, scissors, glue, clay, small human scale (if your machine is big scale). they can pick anything they want to make the machine
3. introduce them about next step is presentation part. Show them how to present ( it they finish machine making they can choose picture put on projector to be background and come to role play the job with machine in front of projector )
3. Let them make machine and help them if they don’t understand or can’t do something. give the time for making
for this step. role play with machine is the way to make them understand their job easier and bring their future job be more tangible. (same as us when we was young. we role play police with police toys). we will let them role play their future job by use their machine.
1. Introduce how to present “ student should present job, machine, role play jobs” If they have background pic. Put to your computer and open on projector when they present
2. Ask them .remind them about their passion, future world, jobs and result.
If they have background pic (Open picture from student on projector when they present
reflection part, this is time for student to tell us about how they think about their future job, tell us how they think about workshop. And new perception about their future.
1. Ask them “ which skills that will use in this job”
And let them take note on job canvas
2. Ask them again how they think about future
3. ask them how they feel about this workshop. how it help you?
4. Give then another channel to see example of another future jobs and their result in the fun way.
see you in “jobfromfuture” instagram account.