Towns Kids Youth were challenged to explain to class members and other High School Kids what is a Fab Lab and what our Executive Members are sacrificing for the development of the Rincon Town.
And we want to include them in the process why there teachers and class material are important.
We divided two groups:
1rst Group: 4 kids to Fab Lab Ponce ( Architecture University)
2nd Group: 25 kids to Fab Lab Isabela ( Boys and Girls Club)
The out come was for them to visually have an introduction of a Lab and both groups can exchange their thoughts and observation of the facilities.
They both have a pending challenge to explore their town and take notes of gadgets , artifacts or tools hey could develop utilizing these labs. So they can be part of the planing of the towns community lab that we are designing.
This Lesson Plan will need the following steps to fulfill activity:
1) Executive Board has to plan Activity and Approve
2) Executive Board has to assigned a coordinator of activity
3) Connect with sponsors that will cover activity expenses ( Exp. Drivers Fee Service, Publicity, etc.)
4) Meet, Orient, and Receive approval of School Director
5) Meet, Orient and Collaborate with Teacher Assigned.
6) Have Youth Waiver Forms, Field Trip Approval Permission for Director, and Parents.
7) Meet and Plan with Fab Lab Technicians
8) Apple Tablet to Record and Photo Shoot Activity
Public High School kids and Teacher are oriented on the movement of STE[A]M education and Fab Lab mission and usage. Gathering signatures from students and activity photo result for proposal writing to be included in towns community Fab Lab project. Teachers and Kids were challenged to take step up and learn the topic, present to classmates members, other grades and visit the west coast facilities of Fab Labs.
Director of high school assigns a teacher from science or accounting to collaborate and participate on activity with students.
The grade selected to commence this activity was 10 grade, and the teacher had the task to create two groups, which are:
1st Group compose of 4 members
2nd Group compose of 25 kids
1rst Group Task
2nd Group Task
Both groups can exchange the notes from there observation of each facility and forward it to our staff, on ideas of projects using the lab or machinery they would like the center to include.